Forget all you know. History's biggest secret was hidden behind legends and lies...
From the Amazon US/UK Top #100 bestselling author of WHERE THE DEAD WALK and DEATH STALKS KETTLE STREET.
On the run, carrying a secret her pursuers won't think twice about killing her to obtain, Holly Reilly turns to the only person who just might be able to keep her alive: her estranged husband, ex-special forces operative, Gabriel Reilly.
Caught between two deadly adversaries, Holly and Gabe are drawn into a centuries-old conflict poised to spill into the modern world, promising chaos and bloodshed.
A breathless blend of action and mystery, faith and fanaticism, Vessel exposes an unwritten history stretching back to the Crusades, medieval Europe and feudal Japan as it races to its final explosive conclusion.
What Amazon verified purchasers are saying -
- Heart stopping, thrilling & utterly fantastic.
- a wicked fast paced historical action thriller and so, so consuming. I recommend it to anyone, literally anyone. It's a super fun, well-written read and hey, ya just might learn something along the way.
- Like a blockbuster action movie in paperback.
- an intelligently written, action packed thriller with historical details thrown in the mix... Vessel brings the excitement of history and intrigue into one can't-put-down page turner.
- action, suspense, and lots of thrills.
- Grade A. I happen to be a huge fan of medieval and action/suspense tales. This story incorporates both themes.
- In a word - Brilliant! Exceptionally well written... Full of action, danger, a little history mixed with fantasy, and a beautiful love story.
- Lots of history in this book that made me review my knowledge of past ages. Killer ending!
- moves at a ripping pace and left this reader breathless at the denouement.
- Terrific book. I had time to start a book, but like an argument better make sure you have time to finish it. Absolute cliff hanger, in spots literally but throughout with twists and turns.
- Absolutely brilliant book that moves along at a hell of a pace.
- It has drama and danger. It has suspense and surprises. There s a hint of romance, religious musings and a heap of revenge. Fighting, fear, family, friendship, feuds.
- I loved this story, the phrasing, the unrelenting pace, the scope...
- Absolutely brilliant book... John Bowen is an author that takes a Genre, sticks it onto a trolley and dissects every part of it!
- By chapter two I was hooked. The book took an unexpected turn that covered the crusades and Templar Knights, from east to west, right to the current time. It was action packed right up to the end.
- a damned good tale. Lots of twists and turns crammed into both 24 hrs and a thousand years. Excellent.
- nice injection of history, fantasy, love story. The pace started off well and gained momentum. Very action-filled ending.
- I loved that the novel was fast paced from the very beginning, the characters were interesting, and there was even a bit of romance. The lead female is a strong, smart woman, not some boring ditzy girl (thank you).
- I was too caught up in the historical intrigue and action scenes to consider the deeper meanings until it was all woven together at the end.
- There is something for everyone in this book lots of action, medieval history, secret societies, epic gun fights truly an exciting read.
- Wow this book was brilliant and very fast-paced. I loved it!!!