Delphi Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Illustrated)
- (26 reviews)
* illustrated with hundreds of beautiful images relating to Shakespeare s life, locations and works
* annotated with concise introductions to the plays and other works
* images of how the plays first appeared in print, giving your Kindle a taste of the Elizabethan texts
* ALL 38 plays and each with their own contents table navigate easily between acts and scenes find that special quotation quickly!
* even includes 17 apocryphal plays, with mysterious works such as THE BIRTH OF MERLIN and VORTIGERN AND ROWENA, available nowhere else
* contains a special LOST PLAYS section, with concise information on Shakespeare s lost works
* includes the special bonus play of DOUBLE FALSEHOOD, which the critic Lewis Theobald claimed was Shakespeare s lost play in 1727. Decide for yourself could this really be the long lost CARDENIO?
* ALL the sonnets and other poetry, with excellent formatting in their own special contents table find that special sonnet quickly and easily!
* even includes apocryphal poems available nowhere else, presented with brief introductions
* special BONUS text of Charles and Mary Lamb s adaptations for children, with their original Victorian artwork
* EVEN includes a special SOURCES section spend hours exploring rare medieval texts that shaped Shakespeare s greatest works. E.g. Thomas Kyd s play that influenced HAMLET, Holinshed s Chronicles that inspired history plays and the great MACBETH and many more!
* Geoffrey Chaucer s classic works that inspired TROILUS AND CRESSIDA and TWO NOBLE KINSMEN
* boasts no less than 5 biographies explore the bard s mysterious life from multiple sources across history
* the SPECIAL literary criticism section boasts 11 works by writers as varied as Samuel Johnson, Coleridge, Pope, Bernard Shaw and Tolstoy
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* a front MASTER table of contents, allowing easy navigation around Shakespeare s oeuvre
* includes a special 'Glossary of Elizabethan Language', which will aid your comprehension of difficult words and phrases
* UPDATED with a complete re-editing of the plays' formatting.
Finally, the world s greatest writer receives the scholarly Delphi treatment. Of course, there are many Shakespeare collections available on the Kindle, which is why we have made this edition, like all our other titles, the most comprehensive and scholarly works available, with superior formatting. This incredible eBook offers every Shakespearean play, poem, apocryphal work and much, much more! Now you can truly own all of Shakespeare s works and a wealth of BONUS material on your Kindle, and all in ONE well-organised file.
This eBook is quite simply stunning and deserves a place in the digital library of all lovers of literature.
ALL 38 PLAYS
The Lost Plays
with information and DOUBLE FALSEHOOD
LIST OF THE PLAYS SOURCES
The Apocryphal Plays
THE BIRTH OF MERLIN
VORTIGERN AND ROWENA and many more!
TALES FROM SHAKESPEARE BY CHARLES AND MARY LAMB
VENUS AND ADONIS and more
The Apocryphal Poetry
TO THE QUEEN and more!
PREFACE TO SHAKESPEARE AND NOTES ON PLAY BY SAMUEL JOHNSON
ON SHAKESPEARE BY LEO TOLSTOY
EXTRACTS FROM WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE BY VICTOR HUGO
SHAKESPEARE'S ATTITUDE TOWARD THE WORKING CLASSES BY ERNEST CROSBY
A LETTER BY GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
and many more!
SOME ACCOUNT OF THE LIFE OF MR. WILLIAM SHAKESPEAR BY NICHOLAS ROWE
SHAKESPEARE: HIS LIFE, ART, AND CHARACTERS BY HENRY NORMAN HUDSON
LIFE OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE BY SIR SIDNEY LEE
SHAKESPEARE'S LOST YEARS IN LONDON BY ARTHUR ACHESON
THE PEOPLE FOR WHOM SHAKESPEARE WROTE BY CHARLES DUDLEY WARNER
Shakespeare s Last Will and Testament
Glossary of Elizabethan Language
Number of pages
8/7/2011 12:00:00 AM
Date last checked
6/11/2018 4:07:19 PM